Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I EC ds in the day except when we are going out. I will admit to using disposable diapers at the moment as the diaper goes on at 7pm and ds doesn't really waken (only stirs) to feed until 7am. I use prefolds. My dd never wore a disposable and I hate them, we used terries with her and they were fine. With ds, the wee is all on the front of the nappy and the prefolds just won't hold that much wee unless I pad it out but then it becomes too bulky, which he screams at and hates. So what can i do for night times? Any ideas?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Change in the middle of the night

My dd has always had nights where she sleeps through the night (off and on) and we always change her if we find that she's wet. She usually sleeps through the changes. We use HH with 3 joey bunz.

-Angela

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is a HH? (I am from the UK)

I have considered changing him in the night but he screams and wriggles in the day, I can only think he would be far worse in the night and then would takes ages to feed him back to sleep, or I am worried he will feel wide awake and be up for hours then. I might try it though one night and see what happens. I hate the fact his nappy (oops I mean diaper) is on so long. He doesn't tend to wee till midnight, then his nappy gets wetter in the early hours.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Sorry! HH= Happy Heiny - a pocket diaper. My dd HATES diaper changes too most of the time (you'd think I was attacking with hot pokers) but most of the time at night she doesn't even wake up. Since she sleeps next to me if I wake up or stir I just check and if it's wet, we change.

good luck!

-Angela

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
What size prefold are you using? What kind of cover?

I would suggest premium indian pfs and aristrocrat wool covers.....they never leak!

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Another vote for a midnight change.

We use an all-hemp Muttaqin with an extra doubler (home-made) or two in it, then a wool soaker.

What are "terries" ?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just using a regular prefold with Cotton Bottoms wrap (like Bummis Super Whisper) I don't pad it out with anything, I do a boy fold to put more thickness in the front. Terries are terry towelling square nappies that you fold to whatever shape you want and clip with a snappi/nappi nippa. I might do a bit more research on wool wraps too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.