Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using cloth diapers on my LO and I am looking for a washable waterproof liner for my diaper pail. I have been using garbage bags but I am feeling guilty about going through a new garbage bag every 3 days and having to just toss it afterwards. I recycle so for all my household trash I only use about 1 bag every 10 days and going through so many garbage bags just to store diapers seems excessive. I looked on cottonbabies.com where I ordered my BG 3.0's from and they only liner they sell is the Bummi's Diaper Totes. The reviews for this tote are terrible so I feel skeptical about ordering it. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best diaper tote to buy?

· Registered
5,260 Posts
Hmmm... well I have 4 Bummis Totes in various sizes and haven't have any problems with them- and I use them a lot. I have a large one (or XL- can't remember right now) for the diaper pail, and two mediums and a small that I use for daycare and when I am out. I don't notice any smell after they are washed, and as long as they are closed I don't smell anything unless my nose is right up to the bag. YMMV but they have worked well for me.

· Registered
2,263 Posts
I haven't read the reviews, but I can't imagine why people don't like them! I have two in XL (I think) that I rotate while I am washing diapers. I personally think they're great. They are also good for traveling b/c you can hang it up and it closes tightly.

· Registered
187 Posts
I like the drybees pail liner, but you can also just use a mesh bag. They work well too and just toss them in the wash with the diapers just like a pail liner.

hth,
Sultana

· Registered
2,044 Posts
I have had a Bummis pail liner, an Ultimate pail liner, and Mother of Eden pail liner. Hands down, my fave was the Mother of Eden. It has a stretchy top, which I like more than the drawstring, and it's made of PUL instead of nylon, so it washes up better and stays waterproof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.