Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We've been successfully cloth diapering our 18 month old DD since birth and are super happy with our motherease diapers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, we have a 2 week trip to Cuba coming up, and I just can't figure out the logistics of packing, transporting and washing cloth for 2 weeks. Can anyone recommend a good disposable we could bring with us? DD tends to have somewhat sensitive skin so I'm looking for something gentle and environmentally friendly that fits a somewhat chunky, very active toddler. As we'll only need a couple weeks worth, I'm not too concerned about price.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>On the other hand, if anyone has travelled out of the country with cloth, how did it work out? What did you do about washing them, and how many did you bring? We've camped with cloth, but always had laundry facilities available, and weren't so limited on space to pack!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Carlin</p>

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
<p>We went to Costa Rica for two weeks when dd was about fifteen months old.  We use CD at home, but I didn't want to travel with them.  We used Seventh Generation diapers for the majority of the trip.  A word of advice, plan on taking a bunch more than you think you'll need ... if all goes well, then your little one will be nursing more and drinking more water with the heat (mine did!) and we ended up using all of the two packages and still had three days left to go.  We ended up having to buy some there.</p>
<p>Have a great time! </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts