Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI<br><br>
I'm new to CD and had a question about what is safe for diaper rashes. For most minor diaper rashes on my son, I have used lanolin in the past and they would clear right up. Lanolin isn't a problem with disposable diapers, but I'm wondering if this could hurt the absorbancy of my cloth diapers. I like using this over some other diaper rash creams because it really works well on minor rashes and keeps moisture from hurting his skin. Also, with his eczema issues, some creams are just too harsh. Even wipes caused him to break out, so we've never used those at home. But, I'm worried that I shouldn't be using this with CD.<br><br>
Which creams are safe for the diapers and good on baby's bottom?<br><br>
-Melany

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and this is more for future reference. He hasn't had a rash with the CDs other than when I pick him up from day care and they use different wipes.<br><br>
-Melany

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I assume if you don't LIBERALLY coat his bum with lansinoh, it should be okay. I don't know, I've never used it. I personally use either Weleda Baby Cream(the calendula one) or Motherlove Nipple Cream on Sara's butt. Both of them clear up redness by the next change usually. And we've never had any trouble with them causing diapers to repell.<br><br>
Meg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts