Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok someone please help! ds is in so much pain from his diaper rash. i think it might be from soap left in his diapers which we have now taken care of. but he just cries everytime he pees or poops.
please help us! i gave him a binkie which i did NOT want to do
: . but he wont stop nursing at all because his but hurts. i've tried desitin, arbonne diaper cream, aquaphor, powder, grrrr!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
What does the rash look like?

Could it be yeasty rash?

Look up a picture to compare and if it is yeast, get some over the counter Lotrimin cream and some pro-biotics.

I don't know how long you have been dealing with it, but if it was detergent build-up and you stripped the diapers, it shouldn't take too long to clear up.

Poor baby.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Does it look like the skin is "burnt"? (That's what my dc's bottoms looked like when we had build-up on our dipes.) If it does - try Maalox or Mylanta. Just either dab it on with a cotton ball or pour it directly on. Usually within 2 hours or so the "burns" look much better. The Maalox neutrlaizes the acid in the urine. Plus, the Maalox is cold and I think it feels soothing to their little bums!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it doesn't really look like his skin is "burnt". It has a few little bumps, but no sharp edges? I really don't know what we're dealing with here. I left him out of a diaper this morning which seemed to help clear it up a bit. I am going to try some breastmilk later and let him air out again. Right now I put a little oxistat on it to see if that helps.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Definitely try the All-Natural Diaper Rash Salve from NE - www.northernessence.com - it's the only thing that cleared up DD's raw rash.

In the meantime, let him go diaperless as much as possible. Try squirting some breastmilk on it and let him play without wearing any bottoms. You may have a few messes to clean up, but it will do wonders for his skin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts