Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We were using disposables until a few days ago and LO has a very sore looking diaper rash :( How can I treat it while using cloth.. since you're not supposed to use creams with them. Or will it go away on it's own now that we're in cloth?</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>there are creams you can use with cloth (I can't name any because I haven't used any). and you can also use olive oil to create a moisture barrier. </p>

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Avalon Organics Zinc Diaper Balm is what I use and I've never had an issue with it ruining diapers, plus it works great for rashes. It's a bit pricey but it lasts quite a while.

·
Registered
77 Posts
<p>Hi, I have 5 children and run an in-home babysitting service.  I have had some very sensitive bottoms to deal with over the years and the best method I have found is to let it air dry as much as possible!  I have a mini-hairdryer with a warm/cool setting to make sure the bum is super dry each time I change a diaper.  The kids love it!  Letting the baby go without a diaper for a few hours during the day helps a bunch, too.  Change baby frequently to keep everything as dry as possible until everything is healed.</p>

·
Registered
326 Posts
<p>Earth Mama Angel Baby makes a CD safe (olive oil based) rash cream with tea tree oil which is very gentle but effective.  Combining that with the recommendation of lots of dipe-free time and a blow dryer on a low setting is usually very effective for us!</p>

·
Registered
399 Posts
<p>The quickest, safest, and most affordable item I've found to get rid of diaper rash (besides lots of naked time) is CJ's BUTTer. It is a cloth-diaper safe all-natural butter that goes on smooth and gets rid of the rash FAST. My DD had a pretty red rash from detergent residue in her diapers (I thought I'd gotten it all out), and within ONE DAY of using CJ's her rash was almost 100% gone. The only part that wasn't gone was one red spot where it looked more like the start of a sore. My husband also uses it on his nose when he gets a cold (he's prone to getting sores from blowing his nose frequently) and it cleared it up pretty darn fast. You can get CJ's <a href="http://www.cjsewingroom.com/?cat=5" target="_blank">here</a> in unscented or scented versions (and oh, her scents are fantastic and I haven't read anything about it having negative effects on sensitive skin).</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts