Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need info on wholesale prefold pricing for a class project. This project is massive and determines whether we (my dh is on my team
graduate... Anyway we are setting up a pretend diaper service and I need to calculate my beginning costs. Can anyone fill me in on a good supplier and a ball park figure? Every place I've found requires so much information and vendor accounts etc. I'm getting bogged down with requirements that I can't meet b/c I'm pretend!

Any and all info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
If you called people, instead of trying to apply online, you could explain yourself and maybe find a friendly soul.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Be honest. Explain to people what you need for your project.
Of course you need ID Tax number( if you don't portend) before they even will talk with you about the business. No one will give their trade secrets either just like that. You may be given general answers. Make a list of questions before you approach anyone.

Go to your local store, see how much those cloth diapers cost in the store. Than divide those prices in half - there is your wholesale price.That's normal practice for retail to add 100%.
Some WAHM sell (on-line) their diapers for wholesale or add very little.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the info I need.

I have been honest... I don't have a tax ID bc this isn't real... it's a 40 page business plan for a business I won't ever do. I have been in luck with other diaper services & a commercial laundry for purchasing info - but it takes days of calling to find that one person in one company who wants to waste their time with a student. Workers have been honest with me - I'd love to help but I have my own real projects, short holiday hours, etc. I have to respect that. But the problem I have been having is that I spend days on each aspect but only have 7 weeks to do a 16 week course bc the school is trying out a new accelerated class schedule... Sometimes it sucks to be the guinea pig... Either way one great MDC Momma has been able to give me a the source ifo I needed and it is GREATLY APPRECIATED... I'm Thankful today - one less stressor
Now on to local zoning regulations

·
Registered
28 Posts
"I spend days on each aspect "
Sometimes it takes years. It took me a year, gathering information, learn, etc...It's normal. It takes about a year of preparation.When I started I heard the same words "I can't waist my time, you'll fail anyway" and it was for real.

I can recommend wonderful site ww.fashion-incubator(dot)com
There is students like you and professionals in sewing industry may help you with your answers .People even put there their business plans.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I spend days on each aspect "
Sometimes it takes years. It took me a year, gathering information, learn, etc...It's normal. It takes about a year of preparation.

I only have 7 weeks total - and actually 6 days left
: I have finished the financial packages tonight so I think we are getting there... Thanks for the additional resources.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts