Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm interested in the possibility of using cloth diapers, but I'm not sure if I'll be up for doing the washing myself. Does anyone know of a diaper service that covers Princeton, NJ? I've searched the internet, but it seems like places either don't serve this far south in NJ, or the Philadelphia service that I found doesn't serve this far north. (Apparently I could use this service but would have to drive to Philly to pick up/drop off.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas? I would be surprised if this doesn't exist in a place like Princeton!<br><br>
Thanks for your help,</p>
<p>Juli</p>

·
Registered
132 Posts
<p>I'm not in your area but I just wanted to say that I was overwhelmed by the idea of diaper laundry and it really isn't bad at all. My suggestions would be to get natural fibers (microfiber is harder to get smells out of) and get mostly the same kind of diaper. If you can afford to get AIO or AI2s go with them. Everything is already sorted and I only do a wash every 2nd or 3rd day and I have 2 in diapers. (I do use gdiaper disposables sometimes though because my little niece is eating formula and her poop is super nasty so I put her in g disposables when I know she's going to poop. </p>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Thank you for your response, Siouxsie! Yeah, I guess I could do that, but my main concern is that I don't have my own washing machine. So not only would I have to lug everything over to the laundry room a few blocks away (I do have a car, though), but also, won't my neighbors object to me putting poop remnants in the washers? I might be sort of grossed out if I saw someone doing that in the communal washers, even though I'm sure it all gets washed out...</p>

·
Registered
132 Posts
<p>Gotcha. Another suggestion is a portable washer. My sister lives in an apartment building and uses one for diapers and baby clothes and has a drying rack or sometimes uses the buildings dryer. It holds a good amount. She got it on craigsist for under $100.</p>

·
Registered
675 Posts
<p>When I lived in an apt with DS1 with no washer/dryer I used a hand crank washer and a spinner dryer then hung on a line. Worked a charm. Now I have 1 mostly potty trained, one in diaps and another growing in my belly, so apparently I will always have 2 in cloth diaps at the same time :) We do diap wash every 3-5 days depending on how much people are making messes. DS2 is beginning not to wet quite as much. Thinking of doing some EC with him shortly.</p>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>Ooh, that's an interesting idea... I hadn't thought of getting a small portable washer. I will look into it!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts