Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never made a diaper or even had a thought of making a diaper in my life. Since my daughter was born I started getting the idea in my head to just make her diapers! Do any of you Diaper Queens have and tips, advice, suggestions for a mommy who hasn't even started buying materials yet? Whats a good way to make my first simple diaper?
Thanks Lizzy

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Check out the diaper making resouces stickies. There is tons of info. out there. Some companies offer kits or cuts to ease you into the process. Once you decide what to use, I always recommend making one diaper before you sew up a whole bunch - just to be sure you like what you're using.
Best of luck! Diaper sewing rocks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I agree, the stickies do have a lot of resources. I particularly like the tutorials listed there. There are lots of free patterns listed as well.

Also, think about what you do and don't like (fabrics, styles, closures, etc.) about the current dipes you have, and you can use this to make the perfect dipe for you and your baby.

I used some old material and cut up some shirts that we had around the house for practice dipes. They are practically unusable now, but working on them gave me good experience in putting the whole thing together.

Have fun and good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts