Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post this FYI.....<br><br>
I am a mod on a diapering group for a WAHM here at MDC. We get a lot of people seeking to join her group & in an effort to be safe, I always request that interested members send me a little bit if info about themselves. You cannot imagine the number of "adult babies" that try to get into the group.<br><br>
I imagine that sometimes my emails are unread or deleted as SPAM since my email addy would be unfamiliar. After a certain amount of time, I will resend a request for info & if I then don't hear back, I deny the membership. YAHOO now gives a certain amount of days for members to be pending & I have to work within that framework.<br><br>
I had an upset mama email me because she was denied in error. I feel terrible about this & I just wanted to say that if for some reason you are denied entry into a group, try & understand that we are trying to be careful for our kids sake. Please email the mod of a group directly & let them know if you think you have been denied in error. It can generally be corrected right away!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
it is my understanding that if you set your group settings correctly, yahoo prompts the applicant to put a note in first thing. very helpful.<br><br>
tabitha

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes, I have my yahoo group set up so that an email requesting some info automatically goes out to the requesting member. So, when I get a confirmation request, I wait until I get the response to the info request from the actual person before I approve their membership. Sometimes I will go ahead and approve them if I recognize them as a momma from MDC.<br><br>
Sometimes it is very obvious from their profile or even their email address what they are up to. I remember one that was called webpeeper or something like that. I never got a response to the info I requested, so I denied their membership. But, I usually will not approve anyone if I do not get a response to that email. It comes with the business name in the subject line and they did make the request, so I assume they will read it and respond if they are really an interested momma.<br><br>
But, if you are denied, email them and let them know that you are really a cool momma looking for nice dipes and stuff. We are just trying to keep out those that are not joining for the intended purpose.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>sandijones</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">But, if you are denied, email them and let them know that you are really a cool momma looking for nice dipes and stuff. We are just trying to keep out those that are not joining for the intended purpose.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I think that is the best way to handle it, if that happens on accident.<br><br>
I too have mine set up for approval and an intro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts