Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mamas, I wonder if you would join me and some activism. Where I live we have a lot of fabulous co-ops and virtually none of them carry cloth diapers. I have seen the "environmentally friendly" disposables there and mama pads but absolutely no cloth diapers.

I think we should write the co-ops in our respective areas and ask that they carry cloth. Frankly I don't carry what kind(just not the birdseye from Gerber, lol) but that they give people a choice that they may not even be aware they have.

Maybe people could post if they have a co-op near them that carries cloth and we could write them to say thank-you?

I don't know, just throwing ideas out there, what do y'all think?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think this is an important thought...and just in general, getting decent cloth diapers into brick and mortar baby stores!! This is how we can change people's perception of cloth diapering, I think. It's so hard to learn about all of these "new" cloth dipes...I've spent hundreds of hours on the internet, I bet, learning about it. There should be an easier way for people, like just walking into a store and seeing them!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
We only have on co-op here in fort wayne and they don't even carry nice prefolds. Just having good quality prefolds where people can reach them easily would make a wolrd of difference for people's vision of cloth diapering, I think.

I have been considering opening a natural parenting store in our area that carrier the types of things I order online nearly every day... but now is not the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts