Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me of some, that are reasonably priced. Would fit a 22lb, 28 inch tall girl. I got some diaper money from my mom for Grace's birthday today! It's only $50 so I have to make it go as far as I can, and I'm looking for new and like new stuff. I want to try a hemp prefold for stuffing, and I know solid HH's work well w/o wicking (though our prints are all wicking horribly now). DH prefers AIOs to "ones that need put together" but I prefer pockets since I try to line dry and we don't have a big stash, so maybe some good quick dry AIOs? I haven't experimented much w/ our stash, and as long as I can get it new for $15 and less, I'm open to checking some stuff out! Help me decide what to buy!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Little Lambs AIOs work great, I do prefer the plain white over prints because my prints wick really bad. Get either the toodler front snap or the XL, her sizes run a little small. I think they are around $12. I dry mine on the line and they dry really quick.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I have two super heavy wetters, and have yet to find an AIO that can stand up to them for long enough. I love Fuzzi Bunz for a pocket diaper though.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have a heavy wetter and I recently discovered Sunflower Derrieres (www.sunflowerderrieres.com) for great organic cotton AIO's! And you can just throw them in the dryer which is really nice! They are very soft, very affordable and I love that they are organic!!
I haven't used AIO's overnight though...Just during the day.

Hope that helps!
Liz

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Knickernappies gets my pocket vote!! Although she's closing in August.
So, keep your eye out at the TP for them! I have yet found a true AIO to use for my heavy wetter.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any good diapers that use hemp as the absorbant layer in the AIO? I got a nessa's nappies in the mail yesterday and that seemed really absorbant-- what is it made out of? (I've just been trying to get some good ones of the TP and diaperswap to get us by lately).

·
Registered
697 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momsmyjob
Ella's are a pocket dipe that come with a hemp insert. It might be more than you want to spend..so check the TP or ebay.
I have 2 ellas pockets (prints) and both wick after not very long. I just dont have good luck w/ them. They are so cute that I put them on him anyway, knowing I cant leave them on for more than an hour.
I would like to try her solids though because the workmanship and fit are great!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for some of the advice
We used a diaper I got off the TP last night... a Nessa's Nappies w/ the hemp soaker... it worked incredibly! She slept in it all night and it didn't wick at all... normally she wakes up in the middle of the night soaked through to her clothes, then again in the morning soaked again, and this diaper absorbed it all! I'll try a couple more night times w/ it to see if maybe she just didn't pee as much last night, or if it just really is that fantastic of a diaper! :-D

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I LOVE our simply cloth aio's! DD is a heavy & frequent wetter & these have not failed us yet. the snap-in soaker is double length & you fold it in half so the fleece side is against the baby's skin. i am so happy with these- i am patiently waiting for her to reopen!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts