Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any issues with diapers shifting when the baby is the the sling/wrap/ABC/pouch/etc? My dd is very wiggly...the other day she must have wiggled alot because the diaper was really shifted to one side. .... any diaper suggetsions for when she's in the sling?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
We've only had a few problems for all the sling time shes had, Id say it hasnt been much of a big deal for us. She wears almost entirely all prefolds, and usually a cover like bummis. The few times we have had problems were with fuzzi bunz. Im not sure why, but I think it may have to do with teh compression making it difficult for the fleece to absorb??? Unsure really.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I sling my babes darn near constantly from birth and have never had that happen with a cloth dipe.<br><br>
The ONE time we had a leak in the sling was with a sposie. It shifted, she peed... and it ran right through her clothes, the sling and started puddling on the floor! I was so embarrased!<br><br>
Tammy

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She was wearing a AIO and she had nearly an entire buttcheek out. I like prefolds better for slinging.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Yes, I think it may depend on the diaper. I have also slung my babe from birth and had only a handful of incidents. I also like the prefolds folded in a bummis type thing idea because of all the layers it provides and the pul has less compression. I sling her in wool at home and it's been ok so far, with her fitteds.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I've never had a problem, and I sling ds pretty much all day. But I do get compression wicking with my wool if I don't use a wool doubler.Man oh man-I love those things!!!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Often if I know I'll be slinging for a while (if I take dd2 with me to take pictures for work) I'll just use a beefed up pf (think a hemp doubler or two!) and a nice PUL cover. At home wool's not so bad, but if she's in the sling too long I get compression problems!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I think the diaper was just no fastened snugly anough. I tried again with a snappied prefold and doubler under a bummis and we were fine. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts