Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we live in a carpeted home with a 10 month old DS who is right alongside Alethia's "wolf-crying-signing-to-potty" DC
So, I need to keep him in diapers during the day. Problem is it takes two of us to diaper him most of the time. We're using cloth flats with bummi covers now.

Any recommendations for what to put him in? Baby trainers and just wash/change them often? All in one pull ups of some sort? If so, what brand do you like for frequent trips to the potty?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Hi mama.

We used Kissaluv O's until just this last week, when I invested in a full set of Bright Bots from The EC Store. If your kiddo is skinny enough to use the KL0's, they are great because they snap, but also can be slid on and off without too much trouble. We used them without a cover. I could get them on and off while he was standing and sometimes even sitting, playing with his toys. I loved using them. Used on diaperswappers they go for $4 to $6 each.

Had to go to Bright Bots because at 13 months, he is finally outgrowing them (I discovered this when he got the rise sort of wiggled backwards and succeeded in peeing OVER THE TOP of the diaper onto the floor.
)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I like Bumkins All In Ones because they velcro closed and only have 1 piece that I have to deal with when she is trying to crawl away from me! I got mine used from diaperswappers.com.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I loved Motherease sandys which we used with no cover at home. They snap on the side and slide up and down real easy like panties, but are diapers so more protection than training pants. And if you have a messy diaper, you have the option of unsnapping instead of sliding down--really nice.

Another perk, as dd was getting mobile, it was easiest to diaper her by having one half snapped. I'd have her step into that leghole, then snap the other side around her other leg while following her around the living room.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
We use panties, and I finally bought meself some all-in-ones for when I am just so sick of wiping up pee.

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Where do you get panties for little ones?

The EC store is great, except they are so often sold out of what I want, that we haven't bought anything from them except our two potty bowls. :-/

My lusts (can't afford them yet) are the little beetle hemp lights, and some teeny tiny trainer pants of some kind (I thinkt he bright bots are what I was looking at).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Something easy to pull up/down would probably work best for you at this point. I second the recommendation for Motherease Sandys if you want to stick with a diaper. If you're looking for a trainer, I really like the Bongo Baby trainers, especially the EcoNix.

HTH!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I second the recommendation for the Bongo Baby Shi Shi Nix and EcoNix. They're easy to use--and really cute!
(ETA: We got ours from continuum-family.com. I've also ordered Bright Bots from an AU vendor but they haven't come yet.)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Trainers! We switched to trainers 100% (with occasional panties when we're feeling confident) around 6mo and haven't looked back. If I were to do it again I'd do trainers even earlier! They are SOOOO much easier IMO than any kind of wrap-up-and-fasten diaper, especially once baby is mobile and wiggly and prefers to stand heh...

We have a nice collection of Bright Bots and the aforementioned Shi-Shi Nix and Eco-Nix. The Nix are thicker and more absorbent, the Bots are trimmer and stretchier (and thus a bit easier) but get 'wetter'. We like the Bots for around the house, and the Nix for when 'out and about', like in the car seat for a longer trip as they are more waterproof.

We got some things from theecstore and also from continuum-family.com. I have a referral code at continuum-family... if you want to order from them, you can use code HD0042 -- I think you need to put it in when you register and also as a coupon code with your order -- and you'll get 10% off your first order.

You can see a picture of DD modelling the prefold belt at continuum-family
and we were testers when she was developing her tiny undies. We're committed customers. :)

ETA -- the only time that trainers are a pain is for a poop miss! Have the bathtub ready then because there's almost no way to get them off without getting poop all down their legs lol... Fortunately, that has happened to us exactly twice in 4 months. But if you're at a stage where you're not mostly reliable with poops, the pull-up trainers that have snaps too (theecstore has them) are a good option.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I need a tester for a difficult to diaper ec'er. I am in the process of my last phase of testing for a line of ec flip down training pants. The front flips down and back up again easily, while a belt keeps them secure around the waist so you don't have to take off a diaper or trainer every time. Also, when you do have a miss and need to change the babe, the belt allows the baby to be changed in many positions that would be difficult with a diaper-sitting, standing, crawling, etc. I think I have the squirmiest baby in the world, and these make it pretty simple. Email me if you want to test. They are called ecaPants by the way!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone for their interest in testing. I have enough testers for now, but will repost if I need more. I emailed everyone who responded. Thanks again!

·
Registered
721 Posts
ok...sorry for hijacking, but i think the shi shi nix are just what i am looking for. am i understanding correctly that they are almost an AIO (with an absorbant and PUL waterproof layer) but trimmer and a pull on style? this i just exactly what i need. anyone know any other brands or other sites to buy these?
thanks!!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Shi-shi Nix are not completely waterproof in my experience, but they're darn good. I have not had any serious leaks with them -- the worst case is that the outside feels damp. Which is usually a good thing for EC since you WANT to know when they've wet.

I've even found sometimes they felt totally dry on the outside but were wet on the inside. I'm just saying this so you don't expect them to be as totally 'waterproof' as, say, a sposie or a CD with a nylon cover, YKWIM?

Continuum-family is the only site I know of that sells them. There are similar kinds of things at theecstore too, and I think you can also get them straight from the maker's website, which is most handy if you're in Australia...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.