Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been CD'ing for 10 months now. This week my diapers have come out of the diaper pail looking dark. Is this mold? Why are they changing color? I did a load and when I went to put them in the dryer they looked pink. Is this related to the color change? What can I do to get them back to normal?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
There's a bunch of factors I don't think have been figured in in the OP. Did you do a load of colors before the dipes? I have a few items that I need to make sure I NEVER do whites as the next load because the colors run so bad.

Also, was there any water pipe work at the time of your load? A pinkish brown can be caused by rust in the pipes. That always happens whenever they have a water main break around here.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The brownish color is not from the usual poo stain. It was all over the dipe, mostly towards the pee side. I didn't do any colors before hand. That load did have dipes that had the brown staining from the diaper pail though, which leads me to believe that it was just left over from that. No pipe work, anyway, it wouldn't explain the brown staining from the diapers in the dry pail. I'm thinking they just need to be stripped to get rid of build up & bacteria?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.