Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems with yeast infections or bacterial infections because of diaphram. I've been using one for a few months and I am almost to the point where I hate using it because I think it's messing up my PH balance. I am clean with it and wash my hands, etc.<br><br>
This seemed like a great choice because we hate condoms...Anyone else experience this with a diaphram?

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
yeah, I've noticed every time I use my diaphragm I start to get BV (probiotics and h2o2 fix it).. it's the spermicide. it disrupts the balance of flora so you can have over growth of one or the other.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have used a D for over a year and I was using N-9 spermicide. I had a yeast infection and the price of Spermicide didn't sit well with me. I couldn't find a store around that sold it in a small tube..only in pre filled applicators. I really don't need big pharma pre-measuring my spermicide. LOL<br>
I found a recipe online for natural spermicides and switched. I use a mixture of Corn Starch and lemon juice. Now this mixture is like Spackle. It takes some patients to spread around. Make sure its all around the rim of the D and make sure you have plenty on the inside.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I used a diaphragm for 4 months and got a vaginal infection every 3-4 weeks. It was awful and to be real blunt….I smelled really fishy down there for those 4 months. I hate condoms too but that is what we are using since the diaphragm didn’t work out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts