Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so my oldest has had diarreah for three days, shes an obsessive nurser so i wasnt too worried about dehydration or anything.
she had a fever but was still playing and being nearly 3, driving me crazy, so i wasnt worried.
then today around naptime she lays down on the floor and sleeps. when she woke up she was sluggish fevery and clingy. she was also holding her tummy and crying. she curled into the fetal position and wanted to be held.
i got concerned and called the dr.
i was told a dosage of probiotics to give her ever few hours throughout the night and if she doesnt improve bring her in in the morning.
after i hung up the next diaper had little stringy bits of blood and alot more mucous.
i called back but they were closed id really hate to call the dr at home and it ends up as nothing...
then i go the extreme opposite and feel like she has dysentery and needs to get to the ER.
shes been swimming in lakes lately and has a bad habit of drinking the water...
i need some feedback...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
honestly I think you should do what is going to make you feel the most comfortable. If you need to call the doc to ease your mind, then I think that's what you should do.

I'm sorry your dd is feeling so bad. My dd had a bought with whatever stomach bug has been going around last week. She was running a fever (never over 102 though) and had runny BM's for almost a week! But she never got really lethargic... and she is clingy all the time so I guess I didn't notice a change in that.

TMI, but I have celiac, and when I have to run to the bathroom a lot I have BM's with some blood and mucous in them... my doctor told me it was probably just from irritation, as I don't have them frequently.. only when I have had diarreah for a while. Could this be what is going on, or do you feel that it is something more than that? I guess it *could* be a few different things... I'd trust your intuition on it and go from there.
Hope she is feeling better soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts