Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My five month old daughter Eleanor is really sick. She has been holding a fever of 104.5 for the last two days and has a kidney infection. They did a bunch of bloodwork to determine if she has a blood infection as well. Her white count is super high. Poor girl is miserable. The doctor told us yesterday that her smile is the only thing keeping her out of the hospital right now. She smiled at him right before we left for the bloodwork and he said when we got back that he had planned on admitting her except for that smile made him think maybe she is holding up better than her symptoms suggest. Thank goddess because I cannot imagine what kind of germs she would pick up there. Please send healing vibes her way and hope that she improves each day.<br><br>
They gave her a shot of Rocefin (an antibiotic) yesterday and again today and it is giving her bad diarrhea. She may get another shot tomorrow morning and she will likely run a whole course of antibiotics after that. I hate stripping out her gut like this when she is already so sick. She needs all the beneficial bacteria she can get at this point. Does anyone know of any way to diminish her diarrhea or boost her healthy bacteria while she is on this antibiotic? Thanks for your help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts