Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AF usually shows on 14dpo. Today I have a fever 102. Food is gone in 3 hours. It is 15 dpo and not sure if I'm pregnant or not. BFN on 14dpo. I can't think straight. Any experiences?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I am so sorry you are running a fever!!
: Is there anything else that could come along to confuse you, yah know??
: I would say wait til tomorrow and try another test if AF hasn't shown. Do you have any symptoms??

·
Registered
57 Posts
LivinZoo - Please watch that fever carefully! There is a nasty FLU going around! My BF had it last week (sore throat, nausea, severe respiratory congestion), and at its worst, he was temping at 102.2 to 102.6. (His reasoning kinda went out the window too - at those temps, little wonder!)

We got him to the ER and they took a nasal swab saying he had "Type A" Flu(Same 'family' as swine, but they don't test for THAT until you get admitted!)

He was put on Tamiflu and an antibiotic to ward off any chance of pneumonia.

The only thing I could get down him (and STAY down him) the first 18 hours was Green Coconut Water ... which is Natures' "sports drink" (We used a brand called Zico). High Potassium, with calcium, phosporous, magnesium and some natural sugars... very mild tasting but "reviving." Then eventually when he started to feel like eating, started him on dry toast, and tea with lemon.

I had read that when surgeons in the WWII Pacific theater ran out of whole blood and plasma on the battlefields, they saved many lives by substituting coconut water as an IV! (Water is the liquid in young green coconuts, as opposed to the "milk" in mature ones.)

After a week off of work, My dear BF went back today. He is still talking about how the coconut water really helped him through those first hours.

PLEASE TAKE CARE (If you have the flu, you might be GLAD to get a BFN this month!) ... AND GOOD LUCK!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts