Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In short, I've had worsening diarrhea for the last three days, with cramping starting 4 days ago... on the day the diarrhea started I had a low grade fever. No vomiting. I am 20 weeks pregnant. I don't know what this is or how much more I can take. What do I do? Midwife said let it run it's course but I think this is something worse...<br><br>
Drinking lots of fluids and trying to eat. The more I eat then I have cramping and diarrhea really bad. If I don't eat it's just water coming out. I know TMI but I need help.<br><br>
Help.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
dont eat, give your body pleanty of fluids and give your GI a chance to recover. Stick to clear liquids, like broths and jello.<br><br>
Hope you feel better!!!

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I think you should trust your instinct on this--if you think you need immediate medical attention, go to the ER or urgent care. You don't want to risk dehydration, especially when pregnant. If you are getting dehydrated you can get IV fluids there, and they can do a stool culture/blood work to help figure out what's going on.<br><br>
Hopefully it's a just a little GI bug that will run it's course in a few days, like your midwife suggested. I think, at the very least, you'd get peace of mind by seeing your HCP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts