Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I have read on here and elsewhere that teething can cause diarrhea. How long does this normally go on for? Because my LO has had diarrhea for two days now...VERY frequent, loose stools (and a bad diaper rash because of it!). She doesn't seem to be sick because she really doesn't have any other symptoms (no loss of appetite, lethargy, fever, etc...). She's been a bit clingy and wanting to nurse a lot, which are all usually common teething signs with her.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've been keeping her hydrated and she's eating and drinking and nursing a lot, so I'm just wondering at what point do I need to worry about the diarrhea?</p>

·
Premium Member
38,824 Posts
<p>Hi ananas! Looks like your post was missed so<span style="font-size:13px;"> I am bumping it up for input. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:13px;">Anyone have some advice to share?</span></p>

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My kids have had it for a week to 2 weeks. Actually my toddler just had it for almost 2 weeks, got 2 teeth and it went away. A week later he seems to be getting it again. I can't tell yet if he's getting anymore teeth right now, but most likely he is.

·
Registered
66 Posts
<p>it's probably just teething, so, as long as she's hydrated it sounds like virtually nothing. but don't take my word, follow your gut. if your worried that it's something serious then take her to the doctor.    </p>

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>I always wonder how posts like this get dug up...thanks, maragrace, that 9 month old is now 14 months old and perfectly healthy ;)</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts