Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi- just wondering if any other moms have been diagnosed with this in their past pregnancies and been able to eliminate it with postpartum exercises.  I am very petite (5feet and small frame) and tend to carry all out front so prone to this.  This is my 3rd pregnancy and I just feel like the separation that was pretty bad with my 2nd pregnancy is really bad now.  I did do a lot of recommended exercises postpartum but don't feel like they fixed the issue.  I know this is my last pregnancy and I really would like to have my abs back to something akin to normal.  It really has made my baby bump sort of morph into a wide bump- blech.  I found tons of online links but just wondering if anyone has had true success.</p>

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
<p>DDCC-I've had this with my last two pregnancies and of course at 6mo pg I have it now. I found with my last one I was able to get an almost "flatish" stomach again. Mostly with weight loss and weight training. Hoping I can do that again. I'm carrying straight out this time so it's going to take a lot of work but it can be done.</p>

·
Registered
115 Posts
<p>If you find something I would love to know about it. I am going to try to the Tuppler technique. I want to try to start doing it during the pregnancy. I am like you. I tried all the other exercises in the past. I am also about 5'2 with a really short waist, and my last baby was 8lbs. He had nowhere to go but straight out, and I think I can remember feeling my muscles separate. It was very painful.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, I have no recommendations, but I am going to try the Tuppler technique. I will let you know if I notice any change. </p>

·
Registered
738 Posts
<p><br>
I had this with both of my pregnancies, too -- I have had success with it, I think, due to training with weights at the gym. I use the "thigh adductors" (think that's what they are called), the machines where you sit and press weight either outward or inward with your thighs. They help tighten everything up in your core muscles above, even though it's not very apparent when you do the exercise -- you feel like you're just toning your thighs, but the core gets big benefits too. I think those machines did the trick, although I do use other weight machines too -- my trainer told me that most weight lifting exercises help tone your core if you use the proper technique and have good posture when doing them. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts