Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 7 weeks, measuring larger and DH (a chiropractor who does muscle testing) swears upside and down that I'm carrying twins... I won't have my first prenatal appt until Jan. but I'm curious.....Did any of you not have morning sickness when you ere carrying twins. I only havd one food that would set me off with my boy pregnancies, but had horrible m/s with my daughter. This time DH is testing 1 boy/1 girl, but other than killer boobs and brown spotting, I've had no other symptoms so far.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had double the morning (all day) sickness that I did with my 2 previous singletons...starting at 6 weeks and continues to this day (34 weeks)...blech...:puke I've heard however that every pregnancy is different...unfortunately mine have all been the same (for what it's worth they are all girls). Best of luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I felt nauseas quite a lot but I never spontaneously threw up (I did make myself do it a couple times b/c I was desperate to feel better). It's been different with each pregnancy I've had though. I'll echo the very, very tired statement made by the pp's though.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
None for me. No nausea, no throwing up, nothing. I was really, really tired though and grew out of my regular pants at 8 weeks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had absolutely NO m/s! I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was 3 months along, if you can believe it! I found out I was having twins when I was 4 months along. The only symptoms I had were tiredness and I was hungry all the time. I gained about 5 lbs., but just thought I was eating a lot lately. I also didn't have my period, but I was breastfeeding, so just thought they weren't coming because of that...no idea I was pregnant! Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.

This pregnancy is just different from my others. That said, I'm coming off a near-term loss (placental abruption & subsequent emerg. c-section) that occured in January. I never had spotting with my other pregnancies, but my uterus was pristine before too--

I am uber fatigued though. I'm in bed at 7pm or so each night. I might read or a while before I actually turn off the liht, but I just have this desperate need to lie down and rest. I've certainly pooched though & the preggy pants are not too far off in my future. It will certainly be interesting to see what the u/s shows.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I didn't
I was also very tired.

mama. I also got pregnant with twins after a loss, it's very stressful.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I was nausous but not overly so. Some smells would set me off but I never once vomited. I was really tired though.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I didn't have m/s with either my twins or my older dd. My symptoms were nearly identical in both pregnancies.
I'm so sorry for your loss, mama--
: Best wishes for a happy, healthy baby (or two)!

·
Registered
876 Posts
I had some m/s around the end of the first trimester and I threw up once, but I think it was because I took my vitamins on an empty stomach. These were my first babes and I was in maternity clothes by 8 weeks. I wouldn't characterize how I felt as tired...I would characterize it as shear EXHAUSTION!
And I was constantly hungry no matter how much I ate. I was super super irritable for the first 6 weeks and I've never had so much boob pain in my life. Other than that, no spotting, no cramping, no weird feelings, although my mom swears she knew it was twin boys all the time.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I had a lot more M/S with my first and second babies than I did when I expected twins.
Having said that, I was E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D beyond belief with the twins, something I had not experienced until now. I am also measuring big at 11wk5days so I am waiting for that ultrasound to tell me...

I am so very sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I felt queasy one day for a few hours at around 10 weeks. I never had any m/s with my older ds either. I wasn't even overly tired, just needed maternity clothes full time by 12 weeks, and was in maternity pants by 7.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.