Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My facebook feed was filled with sick friends the last couple days. And me too. I talked specifically to two different friends (one local that I did see over the weekend, and one across the country) and all 3 of us have pretty much identical symptoms. dizzyness, slowly worsening general "not feel good" feeling, chills, fever, headache, completely knocked on your ass, then.. bam, the fever breaks, and all of a sudden.. better. In the course of like, a day. Way bizarre. Its like you wake in the morning and don't feel 100%, but functional, by evening you feel like you're on your death bed, then nearly back to normal by bedtime!?

I'm just baffled. Very flu-like symptoms.. although I had no sore throat/cough (my friend had a sore throat though so I might just have gotten lucky!) but come and go SO quick. I googled 24 hour flu and all I could find was "it doesn't exist, its just food poisoning" but there was no nausea/vomiting/diarrhea so food poisoning this is not! I looked up the flu reports and its pretty much at "low" everywhere. It hasn't updated on CDC but even google's flu trend map that goes by google searches and is updated to yesterday shows "low" across the whole country! This is just the weirdest flu. I'd think if myself and multiple of my friends (local and not local) were sick with identical symptoms that I'd be able to find some kind of news report like, "oh btw, there's a massive flu outbreak, RUN! Get vaccinated!! hurry before it gets you!!" because isn't that how it always is? This is just.. weird!! Did anyone else get it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.