Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies!
We are currently seeing an RE and are on a break cycle due to them not monitoring me close enough in February. (I overstimulated). My period is currently 3 days late...

Did anyone get pregnant on a break cycle?

·
Registered
868 Posts
We got pregnant on a break cycle. I'd been taking clomid on and off for a while with no luck. In my last cycle of clomid, I developed an ovarian cyst. When it went away and I called in to report day one of my cycle in early November 2008, my RE said we'd take the month off, then begin injections in December. He suggested taking the month as a break so we'd be ready to go come then.

We really did take a break with regards to DTD, but by early December, I took a test on a whim (or maybe out of habit) and it was positive. We found out we were expecting at 3 weeks 6 days, and I'm 23 weeks pregnant now.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Kind of a break cycle. I had always charted with temps and cervical fluid, etc. Since my cycles were wonky, I also used OPKs. The cycle we got pg and had it stick with #3 was one where I did everything but temp because I was giving myself a break from the thermometer.

Good luck!

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
ME!

We took a break from TTC after a year of trying because I felt that my health wasn't very good and wanted to hold off on TTC for another 6-12 months. I was going to go on the pill temporarily but was waiting to get my period since you have to start the pills the Sunday after your period, and I got them prescribed to me on like the Tuesday after my period, so it was a little too late. We avoided sex during my fertile time (day 14-15 of a 27 day cycle) and only had sex on days 8 and 16. And that's how I got pregnant with #3! Go figure.

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Yup! We took a 2-cycle break, to allow my body to heal before moving onto IUI. I waited and waited for TOM so we could start the next cycle, and finally DH told me to go buy a test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.