Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this has been discussed already but I can't find a thread on it anywhere...

Did anyone else see the CBS news story on cytotec last night? It was wonderful to finally see the dangers, concerns, off-label use, etc. finally being brought to attention in the mainstream media. I thought they did a great job. It made a huge impression on my DH too. I've told him all about the evils of cytotec (and why in retrospect I am beyond PO'ed that it was given to me without knowledge or consent in my first birth) but I don't think he really ever *got* it until he saw the mother of the woman discussing why she believes cytotec took her daughter's life unnecessarily. He was floored. Hope it informs and impacts others in that way too!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I didn't see it, but I did hear the FDA had put out a warning. Thank goodness!!!! I couldn't believe how many womens' docs were recommending that crap and some women were saying, "Oh I had that. It worked great and I didn't have any problems." Yeah, like that's a hallmark of a safe drug...someone you know took it w/o incident.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
That is awesome!! I remember during my induction with ds1, I argued and fought and said I didn't want it...they did everything they could to convince me it was absolutely safe and they used it all the time. Stupid me gave in--after 2 nights of cytotec combined with 50 hours of pitocin, I'm lucky to even HAVE a uterus... I didn't know how dangerous it was until I read Ina May's book... It should be illegal to use that drug on women and say that it's safe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.