Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am a first-time mama who is hoping she didn't buy too much/too little or make bad decisions about her first CD stash.

We would like to try a variety of different types of dipes, so I ordered what I thought we'd be most interested in. I was imagining that we'd use the prefolds and fitteds for most of the newborn stage, and then as the baby gets a bit larger, we'd move into the pocket dipes. I definitely wanted to try out the FuzziBunz and BumGenius One-Size, and if we like them, I will get more.

I'm hoping to do laundry every other day, if possible. (If not, I'll do it every day.)

Anyway ...

18 premie and infant prefolds
10 Kissaluv 0s
4 Organic fitteds (Organic Caboose and Growing Greens)
6 Covers
2 Wool soakers
7 FuzziBunz-Small
2 Swaddlebees (AIO and pocket)-Small
5 BumGenius One-Size

I feel like maybe I should get another dozen prefolds?

Thanks for any feedback!
K

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sounds like you have plenty. I think it's a great idea to try out several different types. What kind of covers did you buy?

For my newborn, we have 36 prefolds and 6 Fuzzi Bunz. I am able to wash every 3 days, even with using prefolds for spit-up towels. I've also got about 7 covers, but I think I could have made it with only 4 or 5, as I always go for my favorite few, anyway (Imse Vimse Organic Cotton Cover).

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response!

I haven't gotten very adventurous with the covers yet, just Proraps and Bummis Whisper wraps. Covers intimidate me, for some odd reason.

You like the Imse Vimse?

Thanks!
K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.