Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My 6mo has been wearing a set of 6 Loveybums wool jersey covers for the last 4 months over Tiny Tush hemp one-size diapers and I've been thrilled with this set up.  Lately, though, it seems like my covers need to be lanolinized every two weeks or so.  Am I doing something wrong? When I wash them I use Emmaya Naturals wool wash bar and lanolin balm.  I fill the sink with lukewarm water and swish the bar around until the water is milky white.  Then I soak the covers and rub the wool wash bar over the crotch area until a later develops.  Then I melt a generous amount of lanolin in about 1 cup of water in the microwave and add that to the water.  I turn the covers crotch up and let them sit until the water starts to get cold then I remove them, squeeze as much water out as I can without wringing them and let them hang dry.  When they are dry they feel well coated with lanolin and they work very well. After about a week or so I the crotch area starts becoming soaked and I feel like I need to do this all over again.  Have I ruined these covers?  What am I doing wrong?  TIA!!</p>

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
<p>With a thinner wool fabric like jersey you do need to lanolinize more frequently. Every couple weeks doesn't sound like too often to me. Sounds like a great setup to me! I used something similar and loved it.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts