Mothering Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,829 Posts
IMO there are quite a few that ARE TOO SMALL ... and it's not like 7lbs is a huge baby or anything ... be very picky about what you order and ask around. SOme of the ones I bought fit beautifully for a week or two ...others atill fit beautifully (like the muttaqin NB's and the itty bitty buns small that I ordered with an umbilicus cut out) ...by the time Skylar hit 8lbs I had him mostly in smalls (LOVE the girl woman goddess and luxe small testers that I have!!) anyways and he's still in smalls at nearing 12lbs ... I think around 15-18lbs I'll probably have to move him into mediums and that won't be for at least another month or two. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as far as I'm concerned it's a better $ investment to buy small fitteds than NB's because they'll fit just as trimly but over a much longer period of time.

· Registered
4,777 Posts
Yes. Although various newborn diapers fit different size ranges.. I stocked up on different brands, so I had some teeny tiny that fit at 6 lbs, then others he grew into at 7-8 lbs. The teeniest ones he outgrew in just a couple weeks, the larger ones lasted till 11-12 lbs. jack wore my own nb dipes till he was almost 6 weeks old since he was a little guy!
This time around I plan to make some nb and small fitteds and aios, plus have a stash of preemie and infant prefolds on hand too.

· Registered
807 Posts
I loved having newborn sized diapers. My first dd was only 5lbs, so anything preemie was great for her. Most of which I made from recievng blankets I snagged from the hospital
. Then my second dd was only 7lbs. (at 41 weeks..lol). I had some Nanipoos for her which fit great, and some homemade newborns I made. There was no way either one of them would've fit in a small without leaks. My 7lb.er fit in the newborn sizes for about a month, then her tiny tush would start hanging out.
I'm hoping to TTC next summer, so I've been scoping out some newborns already (I know, biting at the bit). :LOL I want a better selection this time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.