Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I will be happy with something healthy, but having raised a Stepson from very young (9 months) I'd like a girl.

So.. did you try/are you trying anything?

Even silly (hey we can all use a laugh right?)

-Talia

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*laughing*
I think my poor DH would be agahst if I suggested that.

he does smoke cigars though, I wonder if that helps

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geeki
*laughing*
I think my poor DH would be agahst if I suggested that.

he does smoke cigars though, I wonder if that helps

Actually, nicotine and caffeine can cause damage to the sperm. They will act very erratic.

Cottonseed oils cause decreased sperm, so have him avoid Doritos, Potato chips, and other foods with cottonseed oil.

Do you chart? Charting and then ttc when the egg is furthest away from the cervix is supposed to help concieve a girl, because the male sperm swim fast but tire quicker.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geeki
DH and I will be happy with something healthy, but having raised a Stepson from very young (9 months) I'd like a girl.

So.. did you try/are you trying anything?

Even silly (hey we can all use a laugh right?)

-Talia
Check out http://www.Baby-Gender-Selection-Program.com. You can sign up for a free newsletter with lots of useful tips. They even have a list of things to eat if you want a girl or a boy (they say both parents should start eating these things a month prior to conceiving):

apricot- lentil - lamb- marinade - pineapple
mustard - peanut - nutmeg - asparagus - orange
aubergine - grapefruit - oats - peach - beet -
plum - wheat - radish - beef - rhubarb - coffee
soja - cinnamon- tomato - chocolate - salmon -
lemon - sugar - spinach- tea - seafood- tuna
kiwi - veal - vinegar - yogurt.

Hope this helps! Good luck and have fun ttc

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaInTheBoonies
Actually, nicotine and caffeine can cause damage to the sperm. They will act very erratic.
Yeah he stopped for the duration of us trying... his mom is a NurseP so she was looking for any reason to keep him from his occasional cigar. His habit was only 1-2 a week so I was mostly ok with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaInTheBoonies
Do you chart? Charting and then ttc when the egg is furthest away from the cervix is supposed to help concieve a girl, because the male sperm swim fast but tire quicker.

I do chart, (or rather just started) so we're doing the missionary position during "those" times.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
My good friend, L is pregnant with their first boy (three girls!) after using the Shettles Method. Makes alot of scientific sense.
She is a success story! Though I know alot of people think it is bunk.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Yup, we timed things according to the Shettles Method, DTD'ing before ovulation. Dunno if that's the reason, but we did conceive that cycle, and we did have a girl

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
We shettled it, and did chinese gender prediction, all for a girl with our second child, but it was another boy! Which is fabulous, because as it turned out he is awesome, and best of friends with my older boy, so I wouldn't have had it any other way in the end, but I know where you're coming from.
For our next, which we are trying to conceive now, I honestly don't care boy or girl. I just want another baby at my breast, and the words "we have three kids" to be rolling off our tongues.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
We didn't try for anything in particular and got all 3 girls. One of the mom's on the ttc#4 thread said that she chose the gender based on the Chinese birth calendar. She's 4/4 with this one:

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/pred.html

It was right for all 3 of mine as well as my sister.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
It's says we are getting our 4th girl if we conceive by the end of the year! Whoo-ee!!!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Well, neither Shettles nor the Chinese gender calender were correct in my case. I didn't do anything to try for either gender, but kind of wanted girls and that's what I ended up with. For my first, I wasn't charting, but we dtd every other day for 2 weeks in the middle of my cycle and got pregnant. Which means either the day before or the day of O. For my second, I was charting and we planned to dtd every day near O but things were crazy that month and I ended up O'ing earlier than expected. So once again, it was every other day before O and we dtd the day before I O'ed. According to Shettles that is too close to ensure a girl, it should have been 3-4 days earlier, but I got a girl anyway, both times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts