Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know, for those that are producing and pumping plenty of milk, did you get a seperate freezer.<br><br>
How do you store all the milk in a regular size freezer. Right now I'm pumping about twice what DD takes each day (only work 4 hours/day and DD drinks between 2-3 oz. I pump 4-6 oz each day). While I LOVE looking at the stacks of milk. DH is getting a bit overwhelmed and we are running low on freezer space. What had everyone else done??<br><br>
I use the Lansinoh freezer bags and freeze them flat - then stored in a Rubbermaid container (to keep it all together and they are organized by date).

·
Registered
251 Posts
We got a small chest freezer for breastmilk. My two were in the NICU for a little while and eating 7cc's per feed while I was producing 40 ounces a day. We quickly ran out of room in the fridge/freezer so went out to Sears and bought the little chest for $99. It was well worth it because the breastmilk keeps so much longer in there. I am just now defrosting the stash and am excited to start using the freezer for extra half gallons of ice cream (okay, so maybe that's just a wish, but it sure is a good one, isn't it?).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts