Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, mamas<br><br>
I sadly lost my daughter at 41 weeks at the end of January, due to unknown causes.<br><br>
This cycle (3 months post-loss) was the first cycle we'd tried to conceive. Today was 6dpo and my temp plummeted almost to the coverline. Last cycle was my first cycle after the loss and I had only a 6 day luteal phase. Because of the temp plummet today, it's looking like this cycle will have a similarly short LP. Pre-pregnancy, I never had short LP's. They weren't super long, but they were never ever this short. Anyone else experience this after loss? or after live birth?<br><br>
I'm just wondering what to expect as far as when i'll have a normal cycle back. Also, was there anything you did to extend your LP? I know about the standard treatments for progesterone deficiency, but am curious what has worked for people.<br><br>
Thanks, mamas. And i'm so sorry you're all here. I'm sending hope for rainbow babies for you all.<br><br>
xo

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I had a loss at 12.5 weeks - my first LP was 8 days right after, then next was 10 days - I cut out caffeine and took b6 that second cycle since I am nursing and prolactin can shorten the LP by competing for the progesterone. I would guess since you had a later loss, that it might take longer for things to get back to normal. You could do b complex and b6 and see if it helps, or you could use vitex - vitex might work better in your situation. I am so sorry you lost your daughter :-(

·
Registered
877 Posts
After a full term live birth I had one long annovulatory cycle, 50 days or so, then a 6 day LP, then I got pregnant. I wasn't taking anything, I think I was using EPO for CM, and maybe drinking RRL. After the 6 day LP I was about to get some Vitex. I gave birth to Isabel on 25th Dec and Leo's LMP was 6 March and I O on CD19.<br><br>
The only thing that's normal right now is abnormality. You're likely to have wacky cycles for a bit. But don't let it worry you because stress doesn't help (yeah I know easier said than done). Even if you have one short LP that doesn't mean net month you won't get pregnant. A lot of us seem to have had a long annovulatory cycle, short LP slowly getting longer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, guys. those responses were helpful (and hopeful). I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I did...I took Vitex and B6 and it straightened everything out in about 3-4 cycles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts