Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really feel like this one is a girl and when i am laying down at night with my husband i keep picturing a little girl with chubby cheeks and dark hair at different stages (3yrs and 12 months so far)..also i have been having dreams for months about having a baby and its always a girl.
i was just wondering if anyone else had feelings, dreams or "saw" thier baby before it was born..

·
Registered
317 Posts
I did! With all 4. With ds I'd have nightmares often about a baby girl. Something would go wrong, Sids, accidental drowning, but if I dreamt of a boy, everything was fine. And he was a boy
. With #2, we thought it was a girl, never had U/S and sure enough our instincts were right. With the 3rd, again our instinct said girl. We had to go for an U/S so I asked, their opinion agreed with our instinct. And again with this one, though we won't know "for sure" until baby is born we've felt this is a girl. Due to m/c I had an u/s this time and the tech's opinion was a girl as well. So we'll see.... we might be 4 for 4

·
Registered
18,550 Posts
I was dead wrong about my dd's gender. I dreamed boys, I had a boy feeling and was really surprised when she turned out to be a girl. I didn't have a preferance for one or the other but just felt boy. Well she IS very spirited and will probably be a tomboy.

Darshani

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
With my first pregnancy, I knew it was a boy before we ever found out. I just knew from the first moment. My husband thought it was a girl though. When we went for the U/S and saw a penis, he thought I was cool for knowing. This time, I wasn't able to tell right away, but for the past month, I've known it's a boy. Again, my husband thinks it's a girl. I'm thinking he should just trust me and not get an U/S. But, alas, we will take a peek in October to find out the sex. I'm 100% sure it's a boy. We'll see if the U/S confirms what I know to be true!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I KNEW I was having a girl with Dd right from the start. We only had a girl name picked out, and I was so adamant about it that everyone made fun of me and said sarcastic things like, oh won't you be shocked when its a boy. Well, I was right. And do you know what everyone said to me then? Well, you had a 50/50 chance at guessing right.
I also had very vivd dreams about Dd, quite acurate. Like lots of dark hair as an infant but blond curls as a toddler (just how things worked out too).
This time I wasn't very sure at first, then I had two boy dreams and Dh had a boy dream too. So we'll see.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
I "knew," but it was wrong. I got a u/s and said I didn't want to be told the gender, and I thought the face looked like a boy's face. So I just figured we would have a boy, but dh said he thought it was a girl and always referred to the fetus as "she." He was right! Next time I'll just ask him.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I just knew w/ my ds... never had any dreams, not confirmed by u/s but I knew. This time I keep on having girl dreams... so maybe this one is a girl. Guess I'll just have to wait and find out!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Every single dream I had w/dd was that she was a girl. However, I assumed she would be a boy and I think didn't want to get my hopes up (Dh came from a "boy-heavy" family)

Next babe, I thought I'll just listen to my dreams. I had mixed ones that time, but when I tried to discern, I felt like the ones that were specifically about this baby, he was a boy. And during my blessingway, I felt really strongly that he was a boy.

This time, I have had three dreams, all boy. So I am definitely thinking boy this time!! And for once, he even has a name ahead of time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We "Shettles-ed" for a boy, and I was 99.9% convinced it was a boy from the beginning.

My m/w's OB does all of the 20-wk u/s, and when he said "it's a boy" I asked him to double-check (I've heard the stories of the cord in the way, etc.) and he zoomed in on the genitalia and said, "Ma'am, that's a penis." DH & I both laughed, it was so funny how he didn't get offended or anything, just showed us again.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Ohhhh, yeah. Without question, I knew both boys were indeed boys. It was just a feeling, a connection to them, a certain something. With ds#1, I told some people sometimes that I thought he was a boy, but I was much more confident in my feeling about ds#2 that he was a boy. I even went so far as to talk to #2 in the womb and call him by his name-Ian. Poor, kiddo-just imagine if I had been wrong!!
:LOL This one, I'm already thinking it is a girl, and heck, I do have a fifty fifty shot at being right, haha. Only time will tell b/c we never find out until they're out to show us what they've got!

FWIW, I'm actually pretty good at guessing the gender of other ppl's kids, but it is usually those who are somehow close to me. One mama, for ex/is a net buddy of mine and when she announced she was having another baby, I congratulated her on having another little girl without realizing what I was typing. Sure enough, she had another little girl.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
OH I knew with all my kids, with this little girlie, I wasn't going to find out, but EVERYONE was telling me it was going to be a boy, I didn't want to be so convinced it was a girl and be mistaken, so I found out.... and everyone was surprised!

·
Registered
803 Posts
With my dd I had two dreams, one boy then one girl! How confusing! No U/S to confirm.
I had a pretty 'girly' feeling though, or maybe it was just because my mother in-law had such a 'boy' feeling that I just HAD to prove her wrong and I did!

In both of my dreams, I took the baby out (it was fully grown with teeth and hair ) dressed it, took some pictures, then put it back inside to grow more! The wierd part is that she was really born 5 weeks early too! I'll have to watch out for those dreams next time!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was sure #1 was a girl as soon as I knew she was coming. The ultrasound confirmed. This time I am feeling girl again. Maybe I just can't imagine having a boy... I am going to try not to find out beforehand this time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.