Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The average woman's pelvis can give birth to a 13 pound baby?

This was just posted on my local AP board and I thought, "What an awesome thing to read right now! How powerful! Our bodies are so amazing... I've got to share that with my DDC!"

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i believe it...its sad most women don't trust in this. my fiance's mom says she couldn't birth any bigger than 8. lol duh you haven't had any past 8 i wanted to say! lol the others were like 6 and 7 lbs. she isn't quite 'all' there if you know what i mean, to begin with...lol but i said yes you sure could have. i just discovered she has a long vertical scar they took one of her babies from as she said she was hemmoraging (i wonder if she even knows what that means!). i said well that HAD to be my tom as he was the last one and there is NO WAY you would have been allowed to birth any more babies after a vertical ceserean like you had. duh. anyway...lol

i wonder who figured this out...where'd the info come from do you know?
pretty cool.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undercover Hippie View Post
The average woman's pelvis can give birth to a 13 pound baby?

This was just posted on my local AP board and I thought, "What an awesome thing to read right now! How powerful! Our bodies are so amazing... I've got to share that with my DDC!"

Can I have a link to the article or study that says this? I'm going in Wednesday with my birth plan and need all the ammo against the "big baby" argument I can get.

Anna

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I used to date a guy who was 12 lb 6 oz when he was born. His mother was 100 lbs soaking wet and all of 5'1"! I can't imagine why she stopped having babies after him...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
I used to date a guy who was 12 lb 6 oz when he was born. His mother was 100 lbs soaking wet and all of 5'1"! I can't imagine why she stopped having babies after him...

I don't care if this peanut is that big. I don't plan on having any more babies at this point anyway.
:

Anna

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not in your DDC but I saw this post and had to respond! I totally believe that. I think I have a smaller than average pelvis (skinny boy-hips) and am slim in general and I vaginally delivered a 10lb8ozer w/out drugs. So much fear regarding "big" babies. Also -- In Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, a lot of the birth stories involve babies on the larger side. It's been inspiring reading for me. As my old midwife said: "Just picture that fat just rooooollling out!"

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastrydemon View Post
Not in your DDC but I saw this post and had to respond! I totally believe that. I think I have a smaller than average pelvis (skinny boy-hips) and am slim in general and I vaginally delivered a 10lb8ozer w/out drugs. So much fear regarding "big" babies. Also -- In Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, a lot of the birth stories involve babies on the larger side. It's been inspiring reading for me. As my old midwife said: "Just picture that fat just rooooollling out!"
for some reason I read "8lb10ozer" as "bulldozer". ha! Yeah.. I don't see me being able to tolerate a huge baby. And I have "breeder's hips"! We'll see. So far this baby is, they tell me, 4lb12oz, give or take 11oz. WHAT? How can there be that big a range? 11 ounces? Holy craps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.