Mothering Forum banner

Did you use Websters technique for a breech and what was the result?

• Yes and it didn't work.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yes and it worked.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes and it worked, but baby turned back before labor or was unable to turn for medical reasons.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, I didn't, but something else worked (please feel free to share).

Votes: 1 7.7%

Did you use Websters technique for a breech and what was the result?

588 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Asher
I just started it today and thought I would take a poll to see how effective it was for you personally. Feel free to post a comment with what type of breech, gestation and anything else that you want to add. If you want to share how many times you had the procedure, too, that'd be cool.
See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
FYI mama--DH is a chiro
his stats are VERY good at flipping those babes (we never talk about real ## for fear of jinxing ourselves) Webster has a 97% succes rate when done correctly
good luck
Awesome!
I just started today at 35 weeks. She did discover that my right side is tight which is where his head is stuck. HOPING it works. I'm going 2x a week.
See less See more
It did not work for dd2. I tried everything out there though and nothing worked. Me, my mw and the ob that did my c/s all think that it was due to the position of dd's placenta - it was anterior and extremely low. DD2 stayed persistently footling breach the entire pregnancy - kind of sitting on the placenta as a "chair".

All that being said, I am 27w Sunday and you better believe that I am planning on doing it again this time. I have back problems and I really do believe that it can help optimal fetal positioning in most cases except for situations like my dd2.
Yep, did it for 8 full weeks, 2x a week (as suggested by the chiro). Didn't work a bit although it did help with pelvic pressure and lower back pain! DS was stuck in the same position from 32 weeks (he was transverse prior to that - determined at 28 weeks) in full Frank Breech, posterior facing.
I also did:
pelvic tilts
pool handstands
slant board
moxibustion
body work
crawling around on hands and knees all the time
visualization
hypnobabies,
and probably more... I didn't do an External Version due to a fully anterior placenta and they didn't want to risk it detaching or something. I probably wouldn't have tried it anyway...

This time, I didn't give a poo about how I sat, pelvic tilts, nothing, and she's been head down since at least 27 weeks. So... my theory is that if a baby wants to be breech, they will.
See less See more
Thank you!
Feeling tons of kicks in my ribs so I HOPE that's a good sign, but he's such a contortionist, there's no telling!
See less See more
It worked when I tried it for DD. But within a couple of hours she was back to footling. When she was finally born C-section her cord was wrapped around her torso like crazy, they think most likley it was acting sort of like a bungee cord and she needed to be footling.
Thank you. That's why I've decided I won't do anything more than "natural" methods. If they don't work, I believe there's probably a reason for it, yk?
I tried just about everything on Catters' list and I tried the external version. Nothing worked. My son was breech since my 18 week ultrasound and wouldn't budge. Even though the Websters technique didn't flip DS around, I felt GREAT from being adjusted every week so it's definitely worth a try.

Good luck!
Quote:

Originally Posted by tysmamaca View Post
I tried just about everything on Catters' list and I tried the external version. Nothing worked. My son was breech since my 18 week ultrasound and wouldn't budge. Even though the Websters technique didn't flip DS around, I felt GREAT from being adjusted every week so it's definitely worth a try.

Good luck!
my DD was the same way. her head was in the exact same place from the time i could tell it was a head (around 20 weeks) until her belly-birth

asher, i have heard that the webster technique can help you recover quicker after birth-- belly or vaginal! it really can't hurt.
i don't think i'd do a version again, though. it felt wrong-- my c-section didn't, but that did!
See less See more
Thank you
My fluid is not real high right now, either so I just do not think ECV would be safe.
See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.