Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,281 Posts
Well, he would still ejaculate..everything would be exactly the same except for that there would be no sperm. I don't understand how you wouldn't want to be married to him or have sex with him ijust because he wasn't producing ....sperm???

Think of it this way: once you reach menopause and you are no longer sending eggs down your fallopian tubes each month, would that be a reason for your DH to not want to stay married to you?

Did you only marry him for his sperm-producing qualities? I realize that there are probably much deeper issues here. I would recommend counseling.

· Registered
2,281 Posts
I'm not able to understand it from a religious viewpoint.

But the fact that you said you have the urge to vomit when you think of your DH having a vasectomy - well that's a pretty strong reaction, don't you think? That's the only reason I suggested counseling - and by counseling, I don't necessarily mean a therapist, maybe a religious counselor of some sort (not sure of you religion).

Quote:
He reminds me quite often about just how much babyweight I have to lose yet before I'll be 'sexy'. He's so concerned about me being attractive to him. What about my attraction to him? Shouldn't that be just as much of a concerm to him?
Sounds like there are a lot more issues in your marriage/sex life than just the vasectomy issue. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.