Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,030 Posts
My ExH had a vasectomy when our youngest was about 2 years old. He had a difficult recovery, but no regrets for either of us.

We both had the mindset that we had two children and only wanted two children. That's it. It wasn't "I have two children and don't want any more with YOU, but might one day with someone ELSE."

We are both in relationships with other people now....people who don't want children of their own, or don't want more children.

· Registered
2,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurel723 View Post
He agreed to abide by and respect the tenets of my religion before we married, and by getting married. By changing his mind on that, he is breaking our marriage vows. Only this would be in a permanent manner. An affair would not be a permanent occurence. But it would be less damaging.
As someone who was married to a man who had affairs, let me tell you that they ARE permanent. The element of distrust never completely goes away.

That being said, maybe your husband has had a change of heart and decided that he doesn't want to father a dozen children. Would you rather he produce a bunch of kids that he'll resent?

Quote:
Obviously my desire to keep him healthy, and still abide by the requirements of my religion coupled with my feelings of hurt caused by my husbands sudden change in heart regarding those desires creates a need for counseling. How sad.
Like the other poster said, it sounds like there are bigger issues than him violating YOUR religion. It is sad. Counseling would probably help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.