Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine didn't.
: We weren't big drinkers, but we used to pick up tacos, split a 6 pack, and netflix a movie on Friday nights. It's not as much fun when he's drinking and I'm not. He gets a little annoying actually.

· Registered
484 Posts
I know it sucks but I look at it like I wanted to be pregnant and I shouldn't make him take prenatals and all that so I don't see a problem with it. I meen It's one night a week and you could get some of that non acholoic beer(I wouldn't but it's an idea)

· Registered
1,109 Posts
So here was the deal DH and I are making....For nine months I'm going to be his designated driver (we never go out really, but usually just over to some friends house and drink some beer and play boardgames.) Then once I'm able to drink again, He is going to be my driver. Its the perfect deal!!!

· Registered
812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
So here was the deal DH and I are making....For nine months I'm going to be his designated driver (we never go out really, but usually just over to some friends house and drink some beer and play boardgames.) Then once I'm able to drink again, He is going to be my driver. Its the perfect deal!!!
Sounds like the perfect deal to me, too!

· Registered
813 Posts
Just like our other two pregnancies, mine did
We actually do think about it as though we are pregnant. He doesn't say, "My wife is pregnant." He says, "We are pregnant." He gets teased about it sometimes, but in his mind we are doing this together. I love that.
:

· Registered
877 Posts
We would occasionally have 1-2 drinks. But it was always because I picked up some wine or beer, never him. If I'm not having a drink, he doesn't have a drink normally. So, I'm a bigger drinker than him which means he's not drinking alcohol at all either right now.

· Registered
3,210 Posts
No. I never thought to ask him. It's harder for me to see my friends drinking than my husband, because I just want to join them and do all the goofy things we do when drunk. It's not as easy to hang out with them when they are all acting silly/crazy and I'm totally sober.

· Registered
484 Posts
I was reading my post and it sounds like my husband didn't care. Which is 100% Not the case. He is so excited that I am pregnat and loves it when we are expecting a new baby I jsut ment that He wouldn't ask me to not drink if he were pregnant. (oh Gosh PLEASE don't let that EVER happen I will be visiting him in the hospital the whole 9 months plus the next year!)

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'm missing our old Friday routine more than the drinking. I have no problems with him having caffeine, artificial sweetener, nitrates and the billion other things I can't have. And it was his idea to give up drinking in the first place (lasted about a week) to transition to being a "responsible adult" (he's 30). We've also been watching Twin Peaks episodes lately, which are so out there that you have to be a little tipsy to get it.

· Registered
813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
We've also been watching Twin Peaks episodes lately, which are so out there that you have to be a little tipsy to get it.
OMG I'm going to laugh too loud and wake up my son!

· Registered
815 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lila2801 View Post
I'm the DD for the next nine months. Then he gets to haul my drunk ass home and be the DD.

:

my hubby plans on drinking margaritas tonight when we go out. He's excited because when I'm not prego, He's usually the DD!

· Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by baturay View Post
OMG I'm going to laugh too loud and wake up my son!

If one more character ends up being in cahoots with another character, I will lose it. I need a chart at this point.

· Registered
813 Posts
I hate to break it to some of you, but if you are planning breastfeeding, it'll be a looooooooooooong time (breastfeeding for 3 1/2 years now lol) until anyone will be able to drive your drunken self home. You can drink some and breastfeed, but getting wasted is usually a big no-no with breastfeeding. And if you are anything like us, it'll be even longer than when your first weans, as I have been pregnant again while still breastfeeding. I don't miss gettin drunk at all though. Those days a long gone, plus I do drink some after the small baby stage. But, some of you sound like after pregnancy it's your turn to get drunk again and your DH will be your DD, but with breastfeeding that usually doesn't happen.

· Registered
815 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by baturay View Post
I hate to break it to some of you, but if you are planning breastfeeding, it'll be a looooooooooooong time (breastfeeding for 3 1/2 years now lol) until anyone will be able to drive your drunken self home. You can drink some and breastfeed, but getting wasted is usually a big no-no with breastfeeding. And if you are anything like us, it'll be even longer than when your first weans, as I have been pregnant again while still breastfeeding. I don't miss gettin drunk at all though. Those days a long gone, plus I do drink some after the small baby stage. But, some of you sound like after pregnancy it's your turn to get drunk again and your DH will be your DD, but with breastfeeding that usually doesn't happen.
Oh barnacles.. I never thought about that! Oy! It will certainly be a long time before my DH gets to be the DD.

· Registered
3,528 Posts
it took dd right up until dd was due to "grow up." not that he was super wild...it just seemed to take him the entire pregnancy to adjust and that was ok...it ended up working out fine. some men may feel the time during the pregnancy is their last hoorah or something...who knows...it is hard to guess what goes through the male brain
:

· Registered
216 Posts
Nope... dh hasn't stopped drinking. He has mellowed out though because it was something we'd kinda do together.... sushi and saki... tacos and beers... you know.

He did stop smoking (tobacco, that is...LOL), which was our agreement when we got pregnant. I am super proud of him cuz he's been a social smoker since college.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.