Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My almost 2 yr weaned very traumatically and abruptly when my milk disappeared seemingly overnight midway through this last pregnancy. I nursed his older brother until he was almost 3 (through my pg with #2), and had planned to nurse him much longer (he was ~18 mos or so when he weaned).<br><br>
While I was pregnant, I had hoped/planned to pump some milk for #2 and/or to try nursing him again, but now that #3 is actually here, I'm a little terrified. (I think my terror on tandem-nursing has to do with "Will he remember how to nurse or will he traumatize my nipples?" and in general/on pumping it has to do with worrying that there will be enough left for the baby--I've never had a super abundant supply, and yes, I realize that it's supply and demand, but her gain is the highest priority.)<br><br>
Anyway, any thoughts/advice/anecdotes that people can share would be welcomed. Thanks!

·
Registered
399 Posts
This is an interesting thread for me. I have recently been going through some changes with my 3.5 yr old dd. I forced her to wean during my pregnancy, becuase it was unbearable for me. I always reassured her that she could nurse again after the baby was born. Once the baby came, she showed no interest in nursing. However here we are 4 months after the birth of baby, and she needed some comfort. I offered for her to nurse, and she is now doing so at night. This has been going on for about a week. She still does not remember how to latch on, and she sometimes says that nothing is comming out. But I am leting her try, and I think it is helping her to reconnect and feel comfort, just knowing that she can nurse if she needs to.<br><br><a href="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=444169&goto=newpost" target="_blank">Here</a> is the thread about me renewed nursing journey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts