Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started taking coconut oil (1 to 1-1/2 T per meal(3)) and I've been feeling quizzy and my stomach upset. I had candida a year or two ago (I have a feeling I still have it). Could this be some kind of die-off or is my body not digesting the coconut oil? I started on Monday (going grain-free at the same time).

I would like to cross-post in the health board but can't figure out how to do this.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I can't really answer your question, but I had to stop using it because I seemed to gain a sensitivity to coconut and other nuts at that time. Now two months later, after using kefir a month, I'm back on it with no problems. I am by no means an expert, but it may just be that the oil is too much and that you might need to take a smaller dose. I usually chase mine with milk and it seems to break it up a bit. Hope you feel better!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Yes it can definitely be die-off. Reduce your dose and increase it gradually to see if that helps. Also, are you taking it with meals or before (a la EFLF)? If you're taking it before meals try taking it with--it seems to be easier for the body to handle that way initially.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I was taking it before meals. I'll take it with meals then and actually measure the amount of CO instead of winging it. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts