Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mommas, I'm trying to clean up my diet. I've cut back on my soda (which I've been trying to do for year) but with that means that my sugar in take is low (no 30g sugar every drink) so I think my body's going threw some withdrawals as I'm cutting back on my lipton tea which has the same amount of sugar. Diabetes runs in my family and I'm prone to big babies as is and I really don't need gestational diabetes. Any recipes/ ideas to help me continue cleaning myself up. I do buy organic when I can but I'm supper picky :/ And water's been making nausea. What do/have you all been doing. Recipes and ideas would be awesome.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I kinda am concerned about my diet too right now i am trying to get through the next few weeks but then i hope to crack down. I dont drink much pop as it is and it one thing i am having aversions to this past week. With dd i drank watered down apple juice cause i had an aversion to water and that helped me. Maybe that or tea could help you..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Water has been making me nauseous too. Juice is OK but it seems like a lot of sugar to be drinking all day long. I have been trying water with lemon the past few days and that works okay...also flavored seltzer water.

·
Registered
516 Posts
i think this might be the healthiest ive ever been while prego- which is funny because I wasn't trying to get pregnant at all! im having very few issues with food so far, as long as I eat small amounts all the time im okay. I rarely drink soda, so that isn't an issue for me, and I eat mostly paleo-ish (I hate 'diet titles')... with little gluten/processed foods in general. I have been SO DAMN tired lately that I haven't been up for cooking so have been eating more Lara bars then I would like and carrying around small bags of almonds and beef jerky with me.

as for liquids, when I get super queasy warm water with lemon, ginger, and honey helps settle my tummy sometimes and ive been trying to drink lots of peppermint tea to help with the horrible bloating and indigestion. when my sister was prego with her last LO she splurged and bought a soda stream to make seltzer water and she loved it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi all,

Definitely in on this topic. What helped me in the past (in my MDC DD group) was to log my meals on a thread here. Anyone interested in doing that?

I have been trying to eat intuitively because it seems the ONLY way- I've been really queasy this time around. But I have strong dairy and wheat and corn sensitivities that I haven't been taking into account, and it's caught up with me- I am SO SO SO bloated and uncomfy and it's hard to tell what's from what. So, back to Paleo I go...

I think I'll start tracking here, just for fun. If anyone would like to join, even just once in a while, please do!

Today-
B: Fresh pineapple, ginger kombucha (2 servings), Greens+ Peanut Butter Protein bar.

L: Salad with rotisserie chicken, avocado, olive oil and ACV; sourdough toast topped with raw, grass-fed cheese (prior to deciding I just couldn't do the allergens anymore, lol)

S: Green apple

·
Registered
286 Posts
So, today and yesterday are my first days back to being 100% Paleo, and I am feeling SO much better.

Yesterday...
B: turkey wrap (lmao) on a Paleo wrap, with lettuce, Vegenaise, mustard, a pickle on the side...

L: same thing, but with two clementines instead of a pickle

S: Two small green apples, half a Greens plus protein bar

D: Homemade chicken soup (had carrots, celery, green beans in it) IT WAS SO GOOD!! lol.

Today...
B: Two small pears topped with almond butter, coffee with almond milk plus 2 tsp of raw honey and 1 tsp of coconut oil, herbal tea

L: Same idea as yesterday, but with olives and tomatoes on the side instead

S: trail mix with almonds, dried fruit, and a small amount off chocolate chips (instead of the rice krispies I made for my kid's fun snack, lol) and a small bowl of chicken soup later

D: sea-salted tomatoes, corned beef (the unprocessed kind, it cost more but it was DELISH and worth it) and cabbage

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish I had the ambition to do that. I'm too addicted to some of the junky types of processed food. Ice cream, tacos(though currently sick of) among other things... doubt I could get hubby on board so I wasn't doing it alone. But all of what you eat sounds good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Water has been making me nauseous too. Juice is OK but it seems like a lot of sugar to be drinking all day long. I have been trying water with lemon the past few days and that works okay...also flavored seltzer water.
Regular water or seltzer water is great with just a tablespoon or two of all natural juice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wish I had the ambition to do that. I'm too addicted to some of the junky types of processed food. Ice cream, tacos(though currently sick of) among other things... doubt I could get hubby on board so I wasn't doing it alone. But all of what you eat sounds good.
Make small changes to your favorite foods.

Buy sorbet or frozen yogurt instead of full fat ice cream.

With tacos: use whole wheat tortillas/or flax, or gluten free or anything healthier than white, use ground chicken or turkey (instead of beef - bonus, also cheaper than beef), make your own taco seasoning instead of buying preservative laden packaged ones (super easy - you probably have everything on hand. google a recipe). Sneak extra veggies or beans in with the meat: chopped onions, shredded carrot, zuchinni, black beans, etc. Make homemade pico de gallo and guacamole. Pile on the lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Choose a low fat cheese. Use light sour cream or even greek yogurt instead of full fat sour cream. Heck, ditch the wrap all together and make a giant taco salad (maybe some corn chips on top). That's a healthy taco!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts