Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice any physical or developemental differences in vaxed children versus unvaxed? Does vaxing impair proper developement of children?

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Have you looked around here much? Searched for your info? That's a loaded question and I just don't know how to answer that now. Definitely developmental differences occur, but what do you mean by physical?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RolliePollie
Anyone notice any physical or developemental differences in vaxed children versus unvaxed? Does vaxing impair proper developement of children?
I have noticed differences.

I'll leave it at that for the moment.

-Angela

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna
I have noticed differences.

I'll leave it at that for the moment.

-Angela
If you're thinking what I am thinking about differences, I have a feeling posting those would be sure to ignite a pretty big fire.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
All I know is babies and toddlers I've seen
Purely unscientific you know

Well that and the fact that developmental charts seem to be changing... I really need to get some old parenting books from my mom's house....

-Angela

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
it depends on if your meaning developmental delays because of a side effect or just purely normal differences, eg in how many times they get sick etc.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
IME, non vax'd children do not get sick as often...and show me a SIDS death where that child was not vaccinated...and there are very few cases of autism where the child was unvaccinated...but, in general, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'll be curious to see where this thread goes...
:

My personal anecdote is that I have one child who was fully vaxed through age 2 1/2 and one child who has never received a single vaccine. Both children are (IM-incredibly-HO) exceptionally bright and healthy. Neither child has ever received antibiotics or even been sick enough that I felt I needed to take them to the doctor. I feel very fortunate in that my DS (the one who got vaccinated) never exhibited any adverse reactions and that I stopped when I did. Of course, I believe that lifestyle choices that typically accompany the decision to vaccinate play heavily into physical/developmental differences, so there you go...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Kind of an odd question, I believe.
I don't know how you could tell a difference, unless you were comparing people who bfed, non vax, all organic, use of no chemicals, etc. etc. to people who were formula fed, all vaxed, processed foods, etc. etc. Do you get what I mean? It's basically impossible to compare something like this.
But that's my opinion.
I have 2 girls that are fully vaxed, and one that has not been vaxed yet, and I see absolutely no difference in them.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomInFlux
I'll be curious to see where this thread goes...
:

My personal anecdote is that I have one child who was fully vaxed through age 2 1/2 and one child who has never received a single vaccine. Both children are (IM-incredibly-HO) exceptionally bright and healthy. Neither child has ever received antibiotics or even been sick enough that I felt I needed to take them to the doctor. I feel very fortunate in that my DS (the one who got vaccinated) never exhibited any adverse reactions and that I stopped when I did. Of course, I believe that lifestyle choices that typically accompany the decision to vaccinate play heavily into physical/developmental differences, so there you go...
Exactly what I was trying to say, if I didn't get my point accross.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by twins10705
..and show me a SIDS death where that child was not vaccinated...and there are very few cases of autism where the child was unvaccinated...
is this really true?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I don't think any formal research has been done on this topic, but plenty of people would like to know!

In my own experience, my dd has a friend who is very similar to her in that they were both breastfed for 2+ years, eat a low-sugar, healthy, mostly organic diet. My dd has never rec'd a vax and her friend is on schedule.

My dd has only had a couple quick colds, a couple "24-hour flu bugs" and roseola. Her friend is ALWAYS sick it seems and was even hospitalized for rotavirus (I think it was rotavirus).

My dd and her friend are 10 months apart, my dd being the younger one. Developmentally, my dd can keep up with her friend and kids even older. People are truly amazed when they find out she's not even 2 1/2 years old yet.

So, from my experience, I think there is a difference, but this is just one case (I mean "anecdote" Guess I should put MD behind my name so this means something!
)

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
It's hard to say for sure, but there seems to be a much lower rate of SIDS and autism among unvaccinated children. There are of course no controled studies involving unvaccinated children. Wouldn't want to see THOSE results now would we?

-Angela

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
My Aunt was just visiting and we were talking about this exact thing.

In the NA community, where diet is usually not very good and most live in poverty, and of those that breastfeed according to cultural values, ie-CLW, the vaccinated are all sick, have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, autism spectrum disorder(?), behavior problems, impulse control problems, and all end up with type II diabetes and became insulin dependant.

Those of us who refused vaccinations, rarely sick, extremely intelligent, absolutely no behavior problems, etc.

This is just what we have noticed over the past 20 years, so, many of these babies are now adults having babies.

Obviously, those of us who were not vaccinated, yet, had parents who smoked cigarettes in the home and who were raised on frybread and other high sugar- high fat diets, do have problems associated with such diets. But none of the neuro-problems associated with vaccines.

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aisraeltax
is this really true?
I think so. Somewhere here there is a link to the Amish Autism study. That's a doosey.
:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Funny cause I wanted to post on this same topic here but wasn't sure how to word it.

My kids have never recieved vaccinations. Not a one. They have also never had any antibiotics, and Gracie has had tylenol a handful of times, Ian has never and probably won't ever. Gracie was totally on target developmentally until about 9-10 months old when she totally exploded in her communication skills. Now at almost 27 months old she can literally talk circles around most kids her age. Her comprehension and critical thinking is way beyond any kid her age that we know. I have tried to find charts or something so I can figure out where she sould be developmentally, but I would say her skills are easily as good as most kids that are a year older than her. The kids she plays with and identifies with are all at least 6 months older. It's hard for me to know if it is because she is just bright or if it's cause other kids are not where they should be. And of course I don't know if vaccinations should be pointed to or not. I only know one other child that is almost the same age (4 months older) and completely vaccine free and her speaking skills are very similar, but I do not spend enough time with her to know if her comprehension and critical thinking is. She also comes from a bi-lingual home.

It's interesting stuff. I would love for a study to be done. I would sign Gracie up in a minute! Well, for the unvaccinated part that is, not to be vaccinated, yikees!

I am also really interested to see how Ian pans out, because one thing I will say for Gracie is she is also terribly social and communicating has always been a priority to her, so it's probably also a personality thing. There are just so many variables. But, whenever I see a kid her age that is clearly behind her skills I will admit I always think to myself "I bet that kid is fully vaccinated".
:

Sorry if I just faned the flames, but I do find this a really interesting topic.

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradoalice
There are just so many variables. But, whenever I see a kid her age that is clearly behind her skills I will admit I always think to myself "I bet that kid is fully vaccinated".
:

Sorry if I just faned the flames, but I do find this a really interesting topic.
I wonder the same things when I see huge differences between my kids and other kids. It makes me sad when I am right and so far, I haven't been wrong yet.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts