Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading through the archives for about 2 hours now and I still can't decide which remedy would work best for traveling with a high energy climbing, running, throwing 21 month toddler who's also teething (2 molars and 2 eye teeth) and going through a rebellion stage.

At the recommendation of someone at Whole Foods, I bought Planetary Formula's Calm Child but am not sure if I purchased the right item. I think RR or Chamomile Calm may be better. Or maybe what I have will be just as good. I don't know! Help!

I will be bringing Boiron's Camilia for his teething and would like something to calm his tantrums on the plane (if any should arise).

What are your recommendations?
Many thanks from a tired mommy!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Rescue Remedy is more for shock, emergency, first aid type thing. I carry it with me and gave it to everyone after our car accident for instance.

Although conterversial, for long periods of time I used clove oil for teething. BECAUSE I'd used it on myself when my wisdom teeth came in, and I was as miserable as a teething baby, and felt the trade off of a few moments of horrid taste and drooling was worth the 2-3 hours of complete numbness. BUT use on yourself first so you know what I mean, and get an idea of the amount you need to use.

I'd use it about 1/2 hour before hand, let them cry over the nasty taste, then they'd usually fall asleep or be content for at least an hour after that, usually two, and I'd use teething tablets if it began to wear off before I could get away from the situation.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I used RR when dd was teething and it did calm her down a bit. I also used a formula similar to the CC that worked for general fusssiness. Both worked well. I even gave her RR while waiting for the CC to take effect.

What time is your flight? Could you possibly forgo a nap before hand, give the CC and hope for a nap on the plane? Just a thought?

Good luck, traveling with a toddler can be ... interesting. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts