Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can you tell me about different types of cleanses? Where do you think one should start??

I did a very intense Yeast Cleanse over the winter...amazing!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Before doing anymore cleanses I would check out www.susunweed.com
A great discussion forum where all questions will be answered. Susun Weed is a well-known herbalist with an amazing philosophy about health.

Though I'm sure you're careful when detoxifying, do consider that some people get extremly ill (and some even die) from cleanses, depending upon the intensity and exisiting imbalances in the body.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm, I had never heard of anyone dying from a cleanse before.

My yeast cleanse was undersupervision of a master herbalist

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi from that other thread

First of all "cleansing" or extremely limited diets are to be avoided during pregnancy and/or breast feeding but I know you already know that (just worth mentioning)

I have always gone with how my body directed me. I am very sensitive to foods and drugs of any kind so that makes it easy to tell quickly what isn't right. I don't do herbal or "scientific" cleansing. When I am feeling sluggish or crabby, or generally crappy - or even when I have had a pinched nerve, I eat an all fresh fruit/veggie diet for a few days or until I feel better. My system instantly reacts positively. I make sure to eat a LOT of fresh fruits and vegs so I take in enough calories. Nothing else. I have seriously fixed back problems by doing this. For me it has to do with salt and dairy, both of which I am very sensitive to. I am a vegetarian fwiw. I say google cleanse or the like and see what you come up with. Post back with info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts