Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok-nak so this may be choppy....

my ds is now 16 days old-and last night i noticed broccoli in his diaper-he is soley breastfeed. im wondering if this is normal? later in the night when changing his cd his poop was completely green and full of broccoli. a few days ago i thought i saw jalepenos in his dipe (moms an addict) but was sure i was going crazy. needless to say ive cut jalepenos from my diet. now i cant sleep, as im going crazy worrying about him. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
It sounds like he just had some solid or pastey type lumps in the diaper that looked like solid food. Poop can look all kinds of wierd ways, nothing to worry about as long as he is acting generally normal. (Unless he grabbed food off your plate and ate it, and literally had broccoli and peppers in his poop.)

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
i can assure you that clumps of brocolli doesnt come out of your nipples

ds's poops colors change a bit if i eat certain foods. as long as baby is fine with those foods, no need to cut them out.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My concern is not that it looks like brocoli, etc but that it's green?! That might be more of a foremilk/hindmilk issue than solid food in his CD. How long are you feeding DC on each side? Do you do one side per feed or switch?

LP

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePeanut
My concern is not that it looks like brocoli, etc but that it's green?! That might be more of a foremilk/hindmilk issue than solid food in his CD. How long are you feeding DC on each side? Do you do one side per feed or switch?

LP
But green doesn't always mean that either. Green and frothy can mean a small virus or stomach bug, green and mucosy (sp?) can mean foremilk hindmilk imbalance, and just green can mean that you had too much broccoli, or something else green. In any case, I would really only worry if there was muscous in the diaper. The frothy diaper will usually pass on it's own quickly enough without intervention (provided there are no other sypmtoms, i.e. fever ect...), and the just green diaper is usually a one shot deal, maybe two at most. The mucousy diaper however......if that's the case then yes a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. And that could easily be remedied with block nursing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.