Mothering Forum banner

Which works better/gives better more accurate results?

• Digital pregnancy test

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 2 line pregnancy test

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Both are the same

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Neither or other...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is a better pregnancy test, Digital or the 2 lines? Is one more accurate than the other? Does one give an accurate positive before the other? With my first pregnancy, I don't remember the digital tests being around. With my second one, they were around, but the one that I took back then did not give me a positive, although I was pregnant. Maybe I had tested too early. I've only gotten positive results with the 2 lines.

Anyone else?

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bri'sgirl View Post
Which is a better pregnancy test, Digital or the 2 lines? Is one more accurate than the other? Does one give an accurate positive before the other? With my first pregnancy, I don't remember the digital tests being around. With my second one, they were around, but the one that I took back then did not give me a positive, although I was pregnant. Maybe I had tested too early. I've only gotten positive results with the 2 lines.

Anyone else?
digitals are less sensitive than most early result two line tests. if it's a few days or further past af is due, then i'd choose digital as there's no doubt what it says... but before that you're quite likely to get a false negative on digital when a two line can give you a blaring positive.

· Registered
10,826 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bri'sgirl View Post
This is me almost exactly. I couldn't vote in your poll, (sorry!) I have had NO experience with the digital ones, so I couldn't choose..

Would love to know what others think, though since we are ttc (and I need to buy some soon I think!)

Is there a large cost difference?

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a 2-pack of the digital at Walmart for just under $9, so the price is comparable to the non-digital ones.

I found some non-digial ones at the Dollar Tree, but you have to pee in a cup and then take a dropper and drop your pee on it and it's just kind of gross. I bought 2 and used one, but I don't know if I'll use the other one.

I think I'll just go back to Walmart and get a First Response or something, since the Digital one's don't like me.

I would still like to know other people's opinion &/or experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.