Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
OK, I double-checked at bathtime tonight, and my DD has 2 dimples...I thought maybe my memory was playing tricks on me, but she does still have 2. Does this mean she had 2 tails?
Also, when she was born, the dimples were visible at the top of her bum, but now that her bum has grown, the dimples are hidden - Is that what's happening to your babies' dimples?

Mamamarieke - That's an unexpected benefit of hands & knees birthing...I'd like to know if I have the same dimple as DD, but not even my yoga classes have prepared me to be limber enough to check it out myself...

·
Registered
14,310 Posts
Actually sometimes they're more than a dimple. It can be an open sinus (pilonoidal sinus). And yes, they're genetic.

My understanding is it's actually distantly connected to some genetic condition ... spina bifida, perhaps? I'll have to ask DH (we have a few pilonoidal sinuses in our house, and a dimple) which it is, maybe that SB is incorrect ...

Not to scare anybody ...

Our ped. wanted to do an ultrasound with our littlest p'l sinus when he was newborn, but we declined. DH has lived with one his whole life and it was never a problem ... but honestly did freak me out first time I noticed it ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.