Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4790 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I didn't see a recent active thread about dinner, and since I love to cook to and eat I thought I'd start one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Last night we had ham and scalloped potatoes (using leftover Easter ham) and tonight we had bamee noodles with barbecued pork.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tomorrow night, I'm thinking about doing a bacon and whiskey chili since it's so rainy and cool, but I'm not sure yet. Who knows what I'll want tomorrow?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What's everyone else doing for dinner?</p>

·
Registered
479 Posts
Last night we had Swedish meatballs, boiled red potatoes, green beans and corn. I think tonight will be spaghetti and garlic bread.

Reactions: ejrichardson

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
<p>We had a late lunch so our dinner was light - honey sandwiches, baby carrots and broccoli (cold) and yogurt </p>

Reactions: Zipi Vainstein

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
<p>Tonight we're having this soup: <a href="http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/roasted-sweet-potato-apple-soup-00000000006606/index.html" target="_blank">roasted sweet potato apple soup</a> with some blue cheese and crusty bread. Simple, veggie-ful, and the kids can drink it with a straw. We'll probably put some plain yogurt in each bowl for extra protein.</p>

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<p>Even though it's chilly and looks like rain, we're going to fire up the grill for steaks. We're going to marinate them in some red wine and worcestershire sauce, then I'm going to cook down the marinade with some carmelized shallots to make a sauce. Some canned green beans and croissant rolls on the side.</p>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<p>I had a bacon cheeseburger from Perkins... :( I hate being on the road... and my tummy hates it too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The last meal we had at home was homemade runzas: ground beef, cabbage & mozzarella wrapped in pita dough and baked... YUMMY!</p>

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
<p>steak and corn.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>tomorrow is hamburgers with homemade buns and whatever veggies I can scrounge up.</p>

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
Tonight we're having breakfast burritos -- scrambled eggs, potatoes (cooked hash brown style), turkey sausage, & cheese on whole wheat tortillas -- and watermelon.

·
Registered
955 Posts
<p>cooking for just me lately- my husband associates 'big games' (Stanley Cup) with take out, burgers, etc- weirdo.  i eat a normal dinner when the final episode of the Bachelor is on:)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, having salads with corn and bbq seitan and homemade rolls past few pms.  One of my favorite standbys- tonight added asparagus from farmers mkt- yummy- one week left of asparagus here and im getting my fill!!!!</p>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<p>Last night, we had a very "processed" meal: sloppy joes on whole grain bread and fresh grapes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tonight: Speghetti</p>

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I had planned to make chicken tortilla soup but hubby wants burgers. Since it's Father's Day, I'll do the soup tomorrow & tonight we'll have burgers with corn on the cob. I was going to also grill some veggies but I'm kinda tired this afternoon so I may skip that.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Homemade veggie pockets (think veggie hot pockets)

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
<p>bbq tofu, quinoa and roasted vegetables (sprinkled with smoked paprika..yum!)</p>

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
<p>today was sweet and sour kielbasa in crockpot. and tommorow is chili.</p>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<p>Russian Chicken and Green Beans</p>

Reactions: angela marrie
1 - 20 of 4790 Posts