Registered
2,460 Posts
Sun. - panini with sauteed mushrooms and onions, tomato on the side
Mon. - jalapeno and green onion Korean pancakes with rice & kimchi
Tue. - Chicago hot dogs at a b-day party

·
Registered
480 Posts
We were at the beach last week. So we got stuff for breakfast, lunch, and snacks; for dinners, we went out. Worked out pretty well. For breakfast, mini bagels, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal. For lunch - grilled ham & cheese, bean quesadillas, leftovers. Snacks were popcorn, pita chips/hummus, tortilla chips/salsa/guac. Yummy frozen rum drinks with local peaches for me and DH...you must have adult treats to deal with a toddler at the beach.

Some of our cherry tomatoes ripened while we were away...finally! So last night was marinated tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil from the garden over pasta.

Tonight will probably be DS' leftover from Sunday night and I will do a bean quesadilla (DH will be traveling). DS has a friend sleeping over tomorrow who is EXTREMELY picky so I envision pizza out. Thursday will probably be grilled salmon over baby greens with roasted potatoes to serve as croutons.

Reactions: Ragana

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Weds - Thai yellow curry tofu with leftover veg stirfry (onion, carrot, green pepper) & leftover rice - a clean out the fridge meal
Thur - Sausages, corn on the cob, pesto pasta
Fri - I am going to vote for pizza, probably a frozen one! - or I haven't made pizza bread in a while

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I bought too many groceries!! Emergency!

I have boneless pork ribs in the slow cooker, but I think I'll serve those tomorrow, with leftover baked potato hash and corn on the cob.

Tonight I need to use up the rotisserie chicken, so I'm going to whip a soup together, with celery and cream cheese on the side.

That leaves an eggplant and a head of cauliflower to deal with ASAP, but I'm not sure what I'll do with those.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Mon. - We were barbecued out after the weekend, so I made pasta and tomato sauce, pineapple on the side.
Tues. - Shrimp & rice from a Martha Stewart recipe, vegetables on the side.
Weds. - Hot dogs (meat/vegetarian) with roasted potatoes and corn
Thur. - Tofu & broccoli stir-fry over rice with teriyaki sauce

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Mon. - We were barbecued out after the weekend, so I made pasta and tomato sauce, pineapple on the side.
Tues. - Shrimp & rice from a Martha Stewart recipe, vegetables on the side.
Weds. - Hot dogs (meat/vegetarian) with roasted potatoes and corn
Thur. - Tofu & broccoli stir-fry over rice with teriyaki sauce
The New Orleans Style Shrimp and Rice was SO good. Definitely a keeper. With more shrimp it would be great for 6-8 people at a get-together (plus sides).

I wanted to roast my potatoes tonight, but it's so hot and humid that I am doing crock pot baked potatoes instead.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I had everything ready to make grilled chicken and shrimp tacos. But DH wants to go play trivia at the local pizza place so we'll eat there and have tacos tomorrow. We'll be moving in a couple of weeks and will really miss several of neighborhood places we've found.

4761 - 4780 of 4792 Posts