Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! DD has just started crawling and I had no idea how dirty my floors were! We have vinyl flooring throughout the mudroom/office, kitchen and dining room, which is where we spend 80% of our time. The house and floor are quite old. I've been washing the floors more frequently (I won't tell you how often I washed them before dd started crawling), but still, her sleepers and clothes are gross with dirt after she's been crawling around all day.

I'm wondering if there's dirt built up in the floor wax? Anyone else have this problem? How often do you wash your floors?

I guess it's to be expected if the babe is crawling where we are walking in/out with our shoes. I go barefoot in the house, but DH has to wear his shoes because of feet problems. I think I'll get him to start wearing indoor shoes.

Still, what I really want to hear is that your babe gets dirty crawling around on the floor all day
I guess it's time to institute nightly baths.

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
I was able to keep the floor in the front room mostly clean and I often had a baby gate across the kitchen door. I also focused more on washing her hands frequently than any other measure... though we did change onesies frequently for a while there. Remember.. crawling isn't that long a phase. DO your best but don't make yourself crazy over this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.